A great way to use some of that Sourdough Starter that you have to “discard”!
Servings: 3 Yield: 10 pancakes NB: Measurements in US volumes
1 c sourdough Sourdough Starter
1 c flour
1 tsp baking soda (aka bicarbonate of soda)
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP melted butter (if using salted butter, omit extra salt)
2 TBSP sugar
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add starter,butter, milk and egg – mix well; some lumps are fine.
- Let sit for a minute or two while you heat your pan. I prefer to use a cast-iron skillet (of which I am a huge fan). Heat lightly oiled pan.
- When pan is heated, drop by 1/8 c (2 TBSP) amounts.
- Cook until bubbles appear and flip over; after about 45 sec they are done.
- Remove from pan and top with preferred topping (maple or other pancake syrup, yoghurt and fruit, for example).