Courtesy of Delish: Delish Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
This recipe combines the best of everyone’s favourite indulgences: chocolate chip cookie (for the crust), cheesecake filling (with chocolate chips for more indulgence and pressure on your cholesterol control) and even chocolate chip cookie dough frosting! No need to think about an occasion to make this – pick a day!
Don’t even begin to think about the calories – just dive right in!
- 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, divided
- 4 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Broken chocolate chip cookies, for cheesecake sides
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 3 chocolate chip cookies, halved
- 2 c. broken chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and wrap a 9″ springform pan in foil.
- Make the crust: Pat 3/4 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Make the cheesecake: Bring a medium saucepan or teakettle full of water to a boil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat cream cheese on medium, scraping down the bowl as necessary, until completely smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sugar and salt and beat, scraping down bowl as necessary, until smooth and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla and beat 30 seconds. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary. Add the sour cream and heavy cream and beat on low until fully incorporated and completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour about a third of the cheesecake batter into the cookie dough crust then sprinkle with about a third of the chocolate chips. Add another third of the batter, followed by another third of the chocolate chips. Add the rest of the batter, smooth the top of the cheesecake, and sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips. Roll remaining 1/4 of the cookie dough into tiny balls and drop on top of cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake in a deep roasting pan and set on the middle rack of the oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the top is just starting to brown and only the center is slightly jiggly, about 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn off oven, prop open door with a wooden spoon, and let cheesecake slowly cool in its water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove roasting pan from oven, then carefully lift the springform pan out of the water and remove the foil. Set cheesecake on a rack and let come to room temperature. Once completely cool, loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight. When ready to serve, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl with a hand mixer or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Season with salt and fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Dollop frosting on top of cheesecake. Top each frosting circle with half a cookie, then cover cheesecake sides with crushed cookies.